At a meeting held in February 2017, SRV's Board of Directors approved SRV's strategic financial objectives and vision and three strategic objectives, as well as six strategic development programmes for the period of 2017–2020 that will ensure the achievement of SRV's vision by 2020. SRV's updated vision: SRV creates the best customer experience as a constructor of urban town centres. This vision will be achieved when three strategic objectives have been realised: The best profitability in our industry, The best customer experience in our industry, and The most attractive employer in our industry. In addition to implementing the strategy, SRV's strategic efforts in 2016 focused on improving profitability, creating a superior customer experience, and developing reporting and sustainability operating model.
The strategic financial objectives for 2017-2020 are:
• During the strategy period, faster growth than the industry will be pursued through large-scale projects
• The operating profit margin will rise to more than 8 per cent by the end of the strategy period
• Return on equity will be at least 15 per cent by the end of the strategy period
• The return on investment will rise to at least 12 per cent by the end of the strategy period
• The equity ratio will remain above 35 per cent
• The goal is to distribute a stable dividend of 30–50 per cent of the annual result, taking into account the capital needs of business operations
The achievement of the set strategic objectives is based on weak but steady economic growth in Finland, and a slight recovery and stabilisation in Russia’s economy. In addition, substantial growth in SRV’s developer-contracted projects is required.